American Military University is proud to have established strong education partnerships with leading public safety organizations and agencies around the nation. The strength of our educational programs relies on these partnerships to ensure our courses deliver relevant and current information to prepare graduates for leadership positions within public safety agencies.
Establishing an education partnership with AMU provides many benefits for organizations and agencies. Partnering with AMU helps your agency facilitate talent and leadership development through rigorous and relevant coursework delivered by an accredited and well-respected university. Such a partnership also has the potential to save your employees time and money by allowing them to earn educational credit for completed agency training.
Some of the benefits for AMU partners include:
- Cost-free access to webinar-based in-service training programs
- Scholarships to other respected and accredited in-service training programs
- Scholarship seed money to local law enforcement foundations to offset tuition costs for AMU law enforcement leadership education programs
- No-cost provision of nationally recognized speakers and trainers at appropriate agency and organization events
- Training materials to support local in-service training initiatives
To be considered for transfer credit benefits, AMU will conduct an evaluation of your agency’s existing training programs. To learn more about this and the additional benefits of an education partnership, please contact Jeff Kuhn at JKuhn@APUS.edu.
American Military University accepts transfer credit from leading public safety educators, including:
- FBI National Academy
- Receive up to 15 graduate semester hour credits for prior master’s courses completed at the National Academy.
- California Post Command College
- Receive up to 9 graduate semester hour credits towards a master’s degree program.
- USMC Civilian Law Enforcement Academies
- Receive up to 9 undergraduate semester hour credits for completion of a basic academy program.
- Southern Police Institute
- Receive up to 12 undergraduate or graduate semester hour credits for courses completed at SPI
- Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department University
- Undergraduate transfer credit awarded for completion of the Detective’s College program.
- Los Angeles Police Department University Leadership Program
- Credit awarded for completion of the University Leadership program.
American Military University is a member of the following public safety alliances:
- National Fraternal Order of Police University
- Scholarship funding available from the Grand Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police.
- FBI University Education Program
- This program sponsors FBI employees in educational programs that are relevant to the FBI’s mission.
- ASIS Security Academic Consortium
- AMU is a charter member and contributor to the Consortium Foundation Scholarship Fund.
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- AMU is an affiliate member and recipient of the 2009 IAEM Education Program of the Year award.
- International Association for Intelligence Education
- This cross-discipline group focuses on resources and development activities in intelligence education.