What to Know When Applying for a Job in Law Enforcement
American Military University‘s criminal justice program director, Dr. Chuck Russo, is a former background investigator with extensive experience processing law enforcement applications. In the video below, he shares the top three things agencies look for when hiring an officer, the most common mistakes applicants make, and how they can prepare for the in-person interview.
Learn more about nailing your law enforcement application and demonstrating that you’re the best candidate for the job:
For more information on applying for a job in law enforcement, check out the resources below:
- Become a Police Officer: What to Know Leading up to an Interview
- Getting Hired as an Officer: The Interview
- Demystifying the Background Investigation Process: What You Can Expect When Applying for a Law Enforcement Job
- How a Mobile Application Team Can Improve Officer Recruitment
- Recruiting Tomorrow’s Police Officers
Online Degrees & Certificates In Criminal Justice
Our criminal justice programs are among the most popular at the university, bringing you peer interactions and an expanded network of criminal justice professionals who are dedicated to safeguarding their communities and nation. Courses in this program are taught by highly credentialed and experienced instructors, many who have served as sheriffs, legal counsel, police chiefs, military, and homeland security and intelligence leaders.