FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate doesn’t pretend to be the biggest proponent of social media or even technology in general. “I don’t care about the technology, what I care about is what people use to communicate, the information they share and things they are doing that can help me make a better decision faster–not necessarily more accurate, but faster—to change outcomes,” he said during a February 3 presentation the Tech@State conference.
Tag Archives | social media in public safety
By Leischen Stelter on February 16, 2012 in Emergency Management, Emerging Issues in Law Enforcement, Situational Awareness, Social Media
By Leischen Stelter on February 15, 2012 in Education, Emerging Issues in Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement Partnerships, Social Media, Training Opportunities
The social media revolution, or evolution, has taken off in Canada, particularly within law enforcement agencies.
- Human Trafficking Thrives Because Officers Don’t Know What It Is August 5, 2014
- Breaking Down Barriers: New Research Suggests Women Are Just as Likely as Men to be Perpetrators of Domestic Violence July 31, 2014
- Is the Use of Shock Imagery Effective for Drawing Public Attention to an Issue? August 18, 2014
- Is Your Agency Prepared for the Aftermath of an EMP or “Grid Collapse”? August 4, 2014
- INLETS 2014: Gang-Controlled Sex Trafficking Rings on the Rise August 1, 2014
- Why Sunil Dutta’s Position on Police Authority and Respect Needs to Be Reconsidered August 26, 2014
- The Crime Scene: Tips for How First Responders Can Help Preserve Key Evidence August 22, 2014
- The Need to Avoid EMS Staffing Reductions During Budget Cuts August 21, 2014
- Puppycide: Public Perception of Police Lethal Force on Domestic Animals August 20, 2014
- Strong Community Relations Among the Lessons of Ferguson August 18, 2014
- Ria: yes, women are more at risk to being recruited by ...
- Jerry Stolov: John Hoyle referred us to the State of Maine. Doe...
- ISIS, Syria and Common Sense | In Homeland Security: […] Among his awards are the Bronze Star, De...
- Alan Riniker: Another huge issue is if the officers, EMS or Fire...
- Dr. Chuck Russo: Xavier, The investigator doing your current bac...
american military university American Public University American Public University System amu APU APUS corrections criminal justice degrees in criminal justice EDM Education emergency and disaster management emergency management emergency medical services EMS Facebook FBI FEMA firefighter firefighters fire services HT human trafficking jail law enforcement law enforcement officers laws legislation Leischen Stelter Mark Bond Michael Sale police police officer police officers police training prison prostitution public safety Rob Stallworth sex trafficking slavery social media technology training Twitter