FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate doesn’t pretend to be the biggest proponent of social media or even technology in general. “I don’t care about the technology, what I care about is what people use to communicate, the information they share and things they are doing that can help me make a better decision faster–not necessarily more accurate, but faster—to change outcomes,” he said during a February 3 presentation the Tech@State conference.
Tag Archives | social media in public safety
By Leischen Stelter on February 16, 2012 in Emergency Management, Emerging Issues in Law Enforcement, Situational Awareness, Social Media
By Leischen Stelter on February 15, 2012 in Education, Emerging Issues in Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement Partnerships, Social Media, Training Opportunities
The social media revolution, or evolution, has taken off in Canada, particularly within law enforcement agencies.
- Police Depression: The Silent Killer September 3, 2014
- Is the Use of Shock Imagery Effective for Drawing Public Attention to an Issue? August 18, 2014
- The Legal Definition of Consensual Sex is Likely to Change in California: What It Means September 2, 2014
- The Crime Scene: Tips for How First Responders Can Help Preserve Key Evidence August 22, 2014
- Strong Community Relations Among the Lessons of Ferguson August 18, 2014
- Saving the Dying Agency: The Value of Transformational Leadership in EMS September 16, 2014
- War’s Changing Role as a Political Instrument in U.S. Foreign Policy September 12, 2014
- Human Trafficking and the Lack of Sufficient Data September 11, 2014
- Did you Know that PREA Compliance Now Comes with an Easy Button? September 10, 2014
- We Must Act Now to Thwart ISIS and Protect the Homeland September 8, 2014
- David O\'Laughlin: Great Article. Thanks for pointing out what we oft...
- Jan Spurgin: Police chiefs and fellow officers should take care...
- Sheila Hall: This is so sad but true I've always felt that the...
- Dr. Chuck Russo: Sean, Some agencies pull credit reports and req...
- Sean: Dr. Russo, I have a question about background c...
american military university American Public University American Public University System amu APU APUS corrections criminal justice degrees in criminal justice EDM Education emergency and disaster management emergency management emergency medical services EMS Facebook FBI FEMA firefighter firefighters fire services HT human trafficking jail law enforcement law enforcement officers laws legal studies legislation Leischen Stelter Mark Bond Michael Sale police police officer police officers police training prison prostitution public safety Rob Stallworth sex trafficking social media technology training Twitter