FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate doesn’t pretend to be the biggest proponent of social media or even technology in general. “I don’t care about the technology, what I care about is what people use to communicate, the information they share and things they are doing that can help me make a better decision faster–not necessarily more accurate, but faster—to change outcomes,” he said during a February 3 presentation the Tech@State conference.
Tag Archives | social media in public safety
By Leischen Stelter on February 16, 2012 in Emergency Management, Emerging Issues in Law Enforcement, Situational Awareness, Social Media
By Leischen Stelter on February 15, 2012 in Education, Emerging Issues in Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement Partnerships, Social Media, Training Opportunities
The social media revolution, or evolution, has taken off in Canada, particularly within law enforcement agencies.
- How Do We Change Police Culture To Save the Lives of Fellow Officers? July 7, 2014
- Know the Language of Human Trafficking: A Glossary of Sex Trafficking Terms July 3, 2014
- From Firefighter to Administrator: What It’s Like to Work Upstairs July 6, 2014
- Catering to Millennials: Challenges in Recruiting Volunteers for EMS and Fire July 8, 2014
- Human Trafficking: Tackling a Main-Street America Problem July 14, 2014
- INLETS 2014: Commander During 2011 Oslo Attacks Discusses Response, Gives Lessons Learned July 30, 2014
- How Education Impacts Police Performance July 30, 2014
- FEMA’s New Strategic Plan: What This Means for Federal Emergency Response July 29, 2014
- Career Considerations: Don’t Overlook Federal Law Enforcement July 28, 2014
- Organized Crime’s Involvement in Sex Crimes and Human Trafficking July 24, 2014
- Rebecca Donahue: I am one of those wives left behind. I can tell yo...
- Ray Stamper: With the influx of many nationalities, particularl...
- Amanda Bray: I work for Chab Dai, a counter-trafficking organiz...
- kathy corbett: great article. it should make a lot of people cons...
- Learning a New Language: A Glossary of Sex Trafficking Terms | Diary of an Incurable Fanatic: […] from a fabulous article I just read (fro...
american military university American Public University American Public University System amu APU APUS corrections criminal justice degrees in criminal justice EDM Education emergency and disaster management emergency management emergency medical services EMS Facebook FBI FEMA firefighters fire services HT human trafficking IACP inmates jail law enforcement law enforcement officers legislation Leischen Stelter Mark Bond Michael Sale police police officer police officers police training prison prostitution public safety Rob Stallworth sex trafficking slavery social media technology training Twitter