Tag Archives | OACP
By Leischen Stelter on March 21, 2012 in Career, Emerging Issues in Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement Partnerships, Technology
By Mike Sale I recently visited Niagara Falls to attend an exciting conference sponsored by the Crime Prevention Committee of the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP). Crime Prevention through Innovation and Technology attracted a wide variety of police leaders, practitioners, academics and related professionals to discuss emerging trends in the ever-expanding field of crime prevention.
By Leischen Stelter on March 19, 2012 in Emerging Issues in Law Enforcement, In the News, Law Enforcement, News for Law Enforcement, Police Training, Policies, Situational Awareness
By Michael Sale A recent U.S.-based survey determined that London, Ontario is one of the most desirable places to retire in all of North America. London is a wonderful city with a great reputation. Known as “the forest city,” London has a colorful history with a population exceeding 360,000 and many people consider it to be “the city with everything.” However, Londo faces many of the same challenges faced by larger centers in Canada.
- Know the Language of Human Trafficking: A Glossary of Sex Trafficking Terms July 3, 2014
- From Firefighter to Administrator: What It’s Like to Work Upstairs July 6, 2014
- How Do We Change Police Culture To Save the Lives of Fellow Officers? July 7, 2014
- Catering to Millennials: Challenges in Recruiting Volunteers for EMS and Fire July 8, 2014
- Human Trafficking: Tackling a Main-Street America Problem July 14, 2014
- FEMA’s New Strategic Plan: What This Means for Federal Emergency Response July 29, 2014
- Career Considerations: Don’t Overlook Federal Law Enforcement July 28, 2014
- Organized Crime’s Involvement in Sex Crimes and Human Trafficking July 24, 2014
- Don’t Fear Theory: The Role of Criminal Justice Theory on Your Department’s Policies July 23, 2014
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media in Emergency Services July 21, 2014
- Ray Stamper: With the influx of many nationalities, particularl...
- Amanda Bray: I work for Chab Dai, a counter-trafficking organiz...
- kathy corbett: great article. it should make a lot of people cons...
- Learning a New Language: A Glossary of Sex Trafficking Terms | Diary of an Incurable Fanatic: […] from a fabulous article I just read (fro...
- Mick Toyne: Dear Mark Thanks for raising this issue My exp...
american military university American Public University American Public University System amu APU APUS corrections criminal justice degrees in criminal justice EDM Education emergency and disaster management emergency management emergency medical services EMS Facebook FBI FEMA firefighters fire services HT human trafficking IACP inmates jail law enforcement law enforcement officers legislation Leischen Stelter Mark Bond Michael Sale police police officer police officers police training prison prostitution public safety Rob Stallworth sex trafficking slavery social media technology training Twitter